Meet the Team- The COVID-19 SAFEGUARDING TASKFORCE
As it stands, CBS have processed around 10% of the COVID 19 applications received by the DBS. It’s a small contribution to the fight against the Coronavirus, but we count it a privilege to be involved.
Our safeguarding taskforce was established and ready to go, rapidly implementing the new processes, and supporting clients old and new as they navigated this ever-changing season.
We took some time to hear directly from the rapid response team, and find out how things are going on the frontline at CBS:
TEAM NAME: COVID-19 Safeguarding Taskforce
KEY TASKS: Running the Fast Track DBS Checking Service, which means workers can be checked and approved in just 24 hours, with online ID checks and prioritising of COVID-19 related applications.
• These have needed a rapid response team to allow new volunteers and key workers on to the front line.
• Cancer charities requiring drivers to transport patients
• We have provided employment screening for a range of couriers, completing various checks including basic level criminal and UK Right to Work checks.
• A number of SMEs have adapted their businesses to support COVID-19 challenges and now require DBS checks despite not having needed this previously.
• We are working with clients who were constructing and managing the Nightingale hospitals.
• We are supporting clients who are moving services online to reach a wider audience and educate in safeguarding procedures.
• Councils fostering teams are working hard to facilitate fast-tracking checks and applications in a safe manner.
• We have supported a number of agencies supplying the Nightingale Hospitals with staff.
• We are working with the largest Care Sector Recruitment Agency, recruiting doctors, nurses and care workers.
Health and Social Care
• Our Care Home partners have increased recruitment and screening of staff in order to maintain high safeguarding standards.
• Optometrists are increasing DBS checks and safe recruitment currently.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING SANE IN LOCKDOWN?:
Adult conversation in the offices and a steady workload.
Lots of treats in the office!
I love the company in the office, as there aren’t many of us here due to COVID-19, we have all become quite close and we try to make the best of these difficult times together.
Work is providing an opportunity to leave the house for some normality during a difficult time.
This team of superstars are doing a brilliant job and we’re so proud of how they’re working, maintaining social distancing and delivering outstanding work for clients new and old.
If you require support for the safe recruitment of staff during these unprecedented times, we would love to work with you. Please contact us on 01443 799900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘COVId 19’ allowing us to filter your queries and arrange an urgent response.
back to news
6 weeks of Lockdown and an Update from Us!
Over the last 6 weeks if you haven’t a) Made Banana Bread b) Done a quiz on Zoom/Facetime etc c) Spent the day in your PJs Have you even been on Lockdown?!
15 Years of CBS…And 15 things worth celebrating!
This month, CBS turns 15! We are so happy to reach this landmark and are proud of all we’ve achieved over the last 5475 days. We thought amidst all the bad news of Coronavirus, now would be a good time to share some good news, so we’ve worked hard at narrowing our list down, and […]
Working Together During These Difficult Times
How incredible has it been seeing communities coming together during these times? Seeing businesses specializing in one field, transferring their skills to support another? Seeing countless individuals sacrificing time to support our wonderful health service?