Meet the Team- The COVID-19 SAFEGUARDING TASKFORCE
As it stands, CBS have processed around 10% of the COVID 19 applications received by the DBS. It’s a small contribution to the fight against the Coronavirus, but we count it a privilege to be involved.
Our safeguarding taskforce was established and ready to go, rapidly implementing the new processes, and supporting clients old and new as they navigated this ever-changing season.
We took some time to hear directly from the rapid response team, and find out how things are going on the frontline at CBS:
TEAM NAME: COVID-19 Safeguarding Taskforce
KEY TASKS: Running the Fast Track DBS Checking Service, which means workers can be checked and approved in just 24 hours, with online ID checks and prioritising of COVID-19 related applications.
• These have needed a rapid response team to allow new volunteers and key workers on to the front line.
• Cancer charities requiring drivers to transport patients
• We have provided employment screening for a range of couriers, completing various checks including basic level criminal and UK Right to Work checks.
• A number of SMEs have adapted their businesses to support COVID-19 challenges and now require DBS checks despite not having needed this previously.
• We are working with clients who were constructing and managing the Nightingale hospitals.
• We are supporting clients who are moving services online to reach a wider audience and educate in safeguarding procedures.
• Councils fostering teams are working hard to facilitate fast-tracking checks and applications in a safe manner.
• We have supported a number of agencies supplying the Nightingale Hospitals with staff.
• We are working with the largest Care Sector Recruitment Agency, recruiting doctors, nurses and care workers.
Health and Social Care
• Our Care Home partners have increased recruitment and screening of staff in order to maintain high safeguarding standards.
• Optometrists are increasing DBS checks and safe recruitment currently.
HOW WE’RE KEEPING SANE IN LOCKDOWN?:
Adult conversation in the offices and a steady workload.
Lots of treats in the office!
I love the company in the office, as there aren’t many of us here due to COVID-19, we have all become quite close and we try to make the best of these difficult times together.
Work is providing an opportunity to leave the house for some normality during a difficult time.
This team of superstars are doing a brilliant job and we’re so proud of how they’re working, maintaining social distancing and delivering outstanding work for clients new and old.
If you require support for the safe recruitment of staff during these unprecedented times, we would love to work with you. Please contact us on 01443 799900 or email email@example.com with the subject ‘COVID 19’ allowing us to filter your queries and arrange an urgent response.
back to news
Shortlisted – ‘Workplace Design of the Year’
Over the years, we at CBS have won a range of awards celebrating the success of the business, and the leadership of our CEO, Rachel. From winning Business Woman of the Year on multiple occasions, through to recognition as a Fast Growth 50 company, you could say we have our fair share of silverware! Now, […]
Laying Down the Gauntlet……
At CBS we have always thought ourselves to be different to the industry standard that you may have become accustomed to. A straight-talking, no-nonsense, forward-thinking and dynamic bunch of ladies, who time after time give both ourselves and our clients reasons to celebrate with the quality of the work that we deliver, and this year […]
‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’
Fred Rogers once said: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing […]