Check and check again: What you need to know about updated DBS ID checks
- Documents provided have to be original, they cannot be photocopies
- Documents printed from the internet, such as bank statements, cannot be accepted, as you need to make sure documents aren’t altered
- You should also look for documents that feature photographs so that you can compare the candidate with this image (a driving license or passport would be a good example of this)
- All applicants must initially go through this process
- Need one document from group 1
- Two further documents from group 1, 2a or 2b – View full document list here.
- The applicant must produce three documents from group 2 consisting of two further documents from group 2a or group 2b
- One of these documents must verify a current address – View full document list here.
- Both other alternative routes need to be considered before Route 3
- If your candidate cannot fulfill the requirements for Route 1 and 2, you need to have a discussion to see why this has not been possible. This may be due to a change of name that hasn’t previously been declared.
- The candidate will need to supply and birth certificate and four documents from Route 2. – View full document list here.
Cutting the cost of multiple DBS checks with eBulk
Whether you are a large or small company, you may need to carry out large numbers of DBS checks per year, perhaps on your potential hires or your existing staff.
BS7858 Security Screening is Being Updated, What’s Changing?
BS7858 was last updated in 2012 so, this year, the British Standards Institution is releasing a refresh: BS7858:2019. This update was made in September 2019, but the 2012 standard won’t be fully-withdrawn until 31st March 2020. Despite this, here at CBS, we’ve already made the upgrade.
2019 in Review: Our Annual Highlights, and Plans for the Year Ahead
We have now officially been in our new office for a year, and so much has changed in those short twelve months.