Check and check again: What you need to know about updated DBS ID checks
- Documents provided have to be original, they cannot be photocopies
- Documents printed from the internet, such as bank statements, cannot be accepted, as you need to make sure documents aren’t altered
- You should also look for documents that feature photographs so that you can compare the candidate with this image (a driving license or passport would be a good example of this)
- All applicants must initially go through this process
- Need one document from group 1
- Two further documents from group 1, 2a or 2b – View full document list here.
- The applicant must produce three documents from group 2 consisting of two further documents from group 2a or group 2b
- One of these documents must verify a current address – View full document list here.
- Both other alternative routes need to be considered before Route 3
- If your candidate cannot fulfill the requirements for Route 1 and 2, you need to have a discussion to see why this has not been possible. This may be due to a change of name that hasn’t previously been declared.
- The candidate will need to supply and birth certificate and four documents from Route 2. – View full document list here.
Cutting the cost of multiple DBS checks with eBulk
Whether you are a large or small company, you may need to carry out large numbers of DBS checks per year, perhaps on your potential hires or your existing staff.
Laying Down the Gauntlet……
At CBS we have always thought ourselves to be different to the industry standard that you may have become accustomed to. A straight-talking, no-nonsense, forward-thinking and dynamic bunch of ladies, who time after time give both ourselves and our clients reasons to celebrate with the quality of the work that we deliver, and this year […]
‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’
Fred Rogers once said: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing […]