Check and check again: What you need to know about updated DBS ID checks
- Documents provided have to be original, they cannot be photocopies
- Documents printed from the internet, such as bank statements, cannot be accepted, as you need to make sure documents aren’t altered
- You should also look for documents that feature photographs so that you can compare the candidate with this image (a driving license or passport would be a good example of this)
- All applicants must initially go through this process
- Need one document from group 1
- Two further documents from group 1, 2a or 2b – View full document list here.
- The applicant must produce three documents from group 2 consisting of two further documents from group 2a or group 2b
- One of these documents must verify a current address – View full document list here.
- Both other alternative routes need to be considered before Route 3
- If your candidate cannot fulfill the requirements for Route 1 and 2, you need to have a discussion to see why this has not been possible. This may be due to a change of name that hasn’t previously been declared.
- The candidate will need to supply and birth certificate and four documents from Route 2. – View full document list here.
Cutting the cost of multiple DBS checks with eBulk
Whether you are a large or small company, you may need to carry out large numbers of DBS checks per year, perhaps on your potential hires or your existing staff.
In Light of Sarah Everard: The importance of continual background checks throughout a person’s employment
At CBS, we are always talking about the importance of background checks and how they are an integral step in finding the right person for the right job. However, we must always remember that re-checks are just as important throughout an employee’s time in their position.
Employment is on the rise!
Despite the difficult times, many businesses have endured since the beginning of the pandemic last year, it seems that signs of better times to come are on the horizon. Businesses in the UK are feeling optimistic and are looking to fill new job requirements in 2021.