Check and check again: What you need to know about updated DBS ID checks
- Documents provided have to be original, they cannot be photocopies
- Documents printed from the internet, such as bank statements, cannot be accepted, as you need to make sure documents aren’t altered
- You should also look for documents that feature photographs so that you can compare the candidate with this image (a driving license or passport would be a good example of this)
- All applicants must initially go through this process
- Need one document from group 1
- Two further documents from group 1, 2a or 2b – View full document list here.
- The applicant must produce three documents from group 2 consisting of two further documents from group 2a or group 2b
- One of these documents must verify a current address – View full document list here.
- Both other alternative routes need to be considered before Route 3
- If your candidate cannot fulfill the requirements for Route 1 and 2, you need to have a discussion to see why this has not been possible. This may be due to a change of name that hasn’t previously been declared.
- The candidate will need to supply and birth certificate and four documents from Route 2. – View full document list here.
Cutting the cost of multiple DBS checks with eBulk
Whether you are a large or small company, you may need to carry out large numbers of DBS checks per year, perhaps on your potential hires or your existing staff.
Why Santa is Only Eligible for a Basic DBS Check
Only 39 sleeps until the big day! Christmas Day is fast approaching, and as Santa is busy working in the North Pole getting ready, we’re getting lots of requests regarding enhanced DBS checks for Old Saint Nick! However, did you know he is only eligible for a basic DBS check?
The 2023 CBS Summer Bash
Yet again the 2023 CBS Summer Bash exceeded all expectations! We danced to Lloyd Cottrell Saxophonist and Gareth Peebles…we laughed, we enjoyed fiery entertainment from the outstanding Organised Kaos, along with exquisite food from Lets Go Street Food and plenty of drinks (thank you Plush Pony Mobile Bar)!