Check and check again: What you need to know about updated DBS ID checks
- Documents provided have to be original, they cannot be photocopies
- Documents printed from the internet, such as bank statements, cannot be accepted, as you need to make sure documents aren’t altered
- You should also look for documents that feature photographs so that you can compare the candidate with this image (a driving license or passport would be a good example of this)
- All applicants must initially go through this process
- Need one document from group 1
- Two further documents from group 1, 2a or 2b – View full document list here.
- The applicant must produce three documents from group 2 consisting of two further documents from group 2a or group 2b
- One of these documents must verify a current address – View full document list here.
- Both other alternative routes need to be considered before Route 3
- If your candidate cannot fulfill the requirements for Route 1 and 2, you need to have a discussion to see why this has not been possible. This may be due to a change of name that hasn’t previously been declared.
- The candidate will need to supply and birth certificate and four documents from Route 2. – View full document list here.
Cutting the cost of multiple DBS checks with eBulk
Whether you are a large or small company, you may need to carry out large numbers of DBS checks per year, perhaps on your potential hires or your existing staff.
Are You A Victim of Zombies at Your Workplace??
Has there ever been a time that you’ve considered there may be zombies infesting your working haven? I know, scary thought, right?! Now we’re not talking horror films’ scary bad guys, but zombie employees…But let’s be honest, what even is a zombie employee?
Shortlisted – ‘Workplace Design of the Year’
Over the years, we at CBS have won a range of awards celebrating the success of the business, and the leadership of our CEO, Rachel. From winning Business Woman of the Year on multiple occasions, through to recognition as a Fast Growth 50 company, you could say we have our fair share of silverware! Now, […]