5 Reasons You Should Subscribe to the Update Service
The DBS Update Service is a crucial service for employers and individuals. It allows records to be kept constantly up to date, any changes to criminal history are logged instantly, leaving employers less vulnerable and saving candidates the stress (and time) of applying for new DBS checks. The update service works by performing regular checks on an individual’s criminal history without the need to undertake further criminal checks.
The update service is a tool to be utilised because:
- This check is able to check a person’s criminal disclosure certificate as frequent as is required by the employer.
- Here at CBS, we can also provide real time notifications and alerts if an individual’s criminal record recently has changed.
- This unique tool enables employers to proactively manage, safeguard and protect their reputation, whilst saving on administration costs.
- This service will allow individuals to quickly obtain a certificate for their employer thus potentially speeding up the recruitment process. Individuals will also be able to use their criminal disclosure for other roles or future employment.
- Individuals are able to save time and hassle; organisations are able to proactively safeguard their organisation from as little as £16 per year.
So many individuals and organisations are being proactive and taking advantage of this tool. 1 million subscribers have signed up since the update service was launched.
Overall the number of requests for a subscription to be renewed received by the DBS increased month on month in total by 191% between January 2015 and January 2017.
In 2014, 10,339 disclosure certificates linked to the Update Service contained 38,736 printed cautions or convictions. By 2016, over double the amount of disclosure certificates (22,694) linked to the Update Service contained 90,398 printed cautions or convictions.
For more information or to find out how to register please visit our website or call us today on 01443 799900back to news
Care in the Community
In the valleys, there is a strong sense of community, in 2005 CBS was founded in the village of Ynysybwl, and trade with a massive social conscience to support the local area. Rachel Bedgood CEO has always been keen to create employment opportunities within the village. CBS has grown considerably since it was founded 12 […]
Our Business Values and What They Mean to Us
Here at CBS, our values are at the centre of our business and without them, we wouldn’t be where we are today. We chose them as a team and they define who we are as a business, underpinning everything we do.
5 Reasons Why Screening Should Be a Part of Your Recruitment Process
Background screening is an integral part of any recruitment process and it should be a vital step when hiring a new employee. One of the aims of background screening is to ensure you have full confidence in your potential new hire. Hiring a new employee is an important investment and investing in the wrong people […]